Thursday, June 28, 2012

Henna Healing

One of the unique things I offer as a henna lady/ reiki practitioner is 'Henna Healing'. Over the years I've offered reiki sessions to those who have asked (it's not something I've done out of an office or anything) and I love to be able to offer this gentle form of energy work. Several years ago I gave reiki and henna to a friend who was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer and she asked me to come henna her head after she lost her hair from the chemo. When I showed up at the hospital, henna cone in hand, she was quite opposed to the idea, yelled for a little bit, and then promptly fell asleep. I gave her reiki and then left - I figured she'd be really mad if she woke up with a henna crown. : ) Since then I have been blessed to be able to do henna for people going through all kinds of transformations - from coverage of surgery scars for stomach surgery and mastectomy, to personal rituals for change and growth. I've also done henna for people at the Virginia Home for Adults and Glenburnie Rehabilitation who otherwise wouldn't be able to receive henna. And when our kitty got spayed, the kids talked me into giving her a small 'penna' design : )
Being able to provide designs for people who have suffered a loss or are facing a tremendous illness/surgery has been very emotionally moving for me. I feel so humbled and blessed to be able to offer a small comfort and a healing touch. I am constantly reminded of how amazing it is to have been given this gift of mehndi, and to be able to share it with those who need it most has been so tremendously fulfilling.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome - you have a beautiful gift! Love you XO

    ReplyDelete