Sunday, October 7, 2012

Evolution of the henna booth

As I'm finishing up my sixth outdoor season as a working henna artist, I started looking back through all the pictures of the Henna Booth over the years.
Here is my first season at 17th Street Farmer's Market in Richmond with the Mother Art Cooperative:



And then with added facepainting. This one really makes me laugh at the ramshackle paint kit:



You can see my daughter's tiny self under the booth. I think she was 3 at the time.
Here are the earliest pictures of the 10x10 booth, from early 2009



Trying to add more color... Not quite right:



This is from early 2011... First time with the sari fabric curtains and table runners and custom tablecloths to hide the junk. Also, bought the first of two Mad Mats rugs.






Added the yellow and orange accents:





New banner:


The finished product!






No comments:

Post a Comment