Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Drum Project


I have been teaching Music Together at Montessori Center for the Child since 2005, and more recently, Elementary Music and I truly love this school. My son attended for two years, and my daughter is in her fourth year there.

Recently, Amy, the Primary teacher, found a set of frame drums at the dump. They were in perfect condition, so she grabbed them for the classroom. I wanted to do something really special for Sarah, the Director (and also a dear friend) - to give a gift to the school that would remain long after we are gone. I decided to henna the drums, and they will soon hang in the Primary classroom. Eventually the paste will get flaked off (in a few months) and the henna will then darken on the skins. I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment